Senior Web Developer & Manager
Design and Build Websites that Transform the Global Food System
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is on the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of billions of animals annually. The Good Food Institute’s Senior Web Developer & Manager will create the strategic vision for maintaining and updating our web presence to ensure that we can reach the largest possible audience with the highest degree of impact.
How You Will Make a Difference
You will be a member of a dynamic Communications Department and will be a key player in GFI’s ongoing work to inspire students, entrepreneurs, and scientists to use their skills to address challenges within our global food system. You will radically transform the food system by:
- Designing and building best-in-class websites for GFI and its international affiliates in a WordPress environment.
- Serving as the lead in-house technologist and ensuring integration of new digital technologies that span communications channels (e.g., website, social media, plugins, and apps).
- Overseeing hosting, software/system updates, and other technical aspects of GFI’s web presence.
- Devising and managing GFI’s website governance policies and SOPs, ensure best outcomes for visitors (UX and UI), and empower staff to directly impact web content through CMS self-sufficiency.
- Monitoring, tracking, and reporting KPIs; using this data to inform web strategy.
Who We’re Looking For
We are seeking smart, thoughtful, and creative self-starters who want to push back against climate change, transform industrial animal agriculture, and develop healthy and humane foods that are accessible to everyone. GFI staff enjoy high levels of autonomy and must be self-motivated, work well both independently and in concert with a larger group, and be comfortable working with a rapidly evolving and growing team.
The Senior Web Developer & Manager must also have:
- Experience with database administration and managing hosting environments
- Experience writing custom WordPress plugins and child themes in PHP
- Fluency in HTML, CSS, and JQuery
- Experience developing plug-ins, services, and APIs
- Familiarity with best practices in several areas: UI/UX, mobile environments, QA testing, security, and risk management
- Demonstrated training or experience (via degree program or training certifications) in computer science, programming, database management, mathematics, networking, Web design/ building and managing websites in WordPress, or similar
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Familiarity with internationalization and supporting sites in multiple languages strongly preferred; experience with CRM (Fundly), MailChimp, and Constant Contact preferred but not required.
Enjoy working from home, full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, flexible holiday and vacation plans, room for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues at The Good Food Institute!
Application Deadline: March 30, 2018
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the Good Food Institute does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran. GFI complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the organization operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please complete the form below to apply for this position.