Human Resources Manager
Ensure a World-Changing Team Is Fully Supported
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is on the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of billions of animals annually. The Human Resources Manager will make that transition possible by supporting the growing administrative needs of GFI’s dynamic team.
How You Will Make a Difference
GFI’s Human Resources Manager will manage the day-to-day human resources operations of the organization and assist with developing essential SOPs, policies, and strategies to support a rapidly growing, remotely-based team. You will provide a solid foundation for the radical transformation of the food system by:
- Managing the employee benefits program, overseeing open enrollment, and dealing with staff support needs.
- Overseeing semi-monthly payroll in partnership with Namely, responding to payroll-related questions and concerns, and tracking payroll compliance in each state where GFI has employees.
- Developing HR-related SOPs, maintaining the employee handbook, and ensuring Namely and other resources are adequately updated.
- Monitoring employment law requirements in all states where GFI has employees, managing state legal notices in Namely, working with director of operations and general counsel to ensure overall compliance, and ensuring all state filing requirements are met for new employees.
- Monitoring twice-yearly performance review process, coordinating onboarding, training, separations, addressing post-employment needs (e.g. COBRA), and assisting with HR-related data collection and managed for annual audit process, file employment-related tax forms (e.g. 1099s).
- Participating in internal investigations when employee complaints or concerns are reported and working with director of operations to resolve issues.
Who We’re Looking For
We are seeking smart, thoughtful, and creative self-starters who want to push back against climate change, transform industrial animal agriculture, and develop healthy and humane foods that are accessible to everyone. GFI staff enjoy high levels of autonomy and must be self-motivated, work well both independently and in concert with a larger group, and be comfortable working with a rapidly evolving and growing team.
The Human Resources Manager must also have:
- An associate’s degree.
- Three or more years’ human resources experience, preferably at least one year experience at the managerial level.
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving ability.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP certification is strongly preferred or a willingness to obtain within one year of employment. Candidates with benefits administration experience are preferred.
Enjoy working from home or a co-working space, full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, flexible holiday and vacation plans, room for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues at The Good Food Institute!
(Please Note: We are only able to consider applicants who are citizens or permanent residents of the United States, or who already possess a United States Worker Visa. All applicants must live in the United States.)
Application Deadline: June 1, 2018
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the Good Food Institute does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran. GFI complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the organization operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please complete the form below to apply for this position.