The Good Food Institute (GFI) is at the forefront of the movement to harness the power of food innovation and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of billions of farm animals annually.
How You Will Make a Difference
The Academic Engagement Manager will be responsible for:
- Identifying and mapping academic and other labs, tissue engineers, plant & food scientists, and others who conduct or might conduct relevant research and development.
- Building and actively managing strong, meaningful, long-term relationships with impactful and relevant academic institutions and researchers in Israel, to inspire and expand their support of the acceleration of plant-based and cultivated alternative protein research and innovation.
- Developing and executing creative strategies and identifying opportunities to expand our relationships, ensuring that we have a robust prospect pipeline.
- Mobilizing future researchers and innovators through academic and community building.
- Identifying and making information available on collaboration opportunities, grants and funding for research in plant-based and cultured technologies.
- Monitoring scientific advances in our space, writing blogs/updates and communicating to the scientific audience in Israel.
- Performing any other duty that is relevant to GFI’s mission, e.g., working with the US Based SciTech team, leveraging expertise to support others on GFI team, local communication efforts and innovation, support of start-ups and general GFI staff duties and activities.
Who We’re Looking For
The Academic Engagement Manager must have:
- A Master’s or Doctorate degree in life sciences and/or food technology, or equivalent relevant experience.
- A proven track record of cultivating relationships with individuals, corporations, academia or industry.
- Previous relationship management and/or business development experience.
- An upbeat, engaging personality that will attract new influencers to support our mission.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Hebrew and English.
- Ability to work independently and use sound judgment in decision making, including setting and managing priorities and meeting competing deadlines.
- Fluency and be comfortable in both English and Hebrew (speaking, reading and writing).
- Strong support for GFI’s philosophy, commitment to the objectives of the organization, and the ability to professionally advocate GFI’s positions, demonstrated interest in public health, environmentalism, animal protection, or hunger relief.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
- Terms of employment: Full-time
- Reports to: Managing Director, Israel
- Location: Haifa or Tel Aviv area
If you are interested in applying and meet the above criteria, please send your resume and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 30th 2019. The cover letter should include a brief description of your relevant experience to this position, what makes you qualified to lead this area and why you are interested to join GFI Israel.