Power the team transforming the food system
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is on the forefront of the movement to harness the power of food innovation and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of billions of animals annually.
How You Will Make a Difference
As a nonprofit supported 100% by philanthropy, our work is only possible thanks to the support of a large community of passionate supporters. The Development Assistant will provide vital support to the development team, helping build strong, stable, and diverse philanthropic revenue streams and maintaining long-term donor relationships. The Development Assistant will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Director of Development and Development team.
- Providing executive support to the Director of Development.
- Managing and supporting the schedules of the department’s staff members by maintaining and tracking schedules, booking travel arrangements, scheduling and confirming meetings, and managing the general calendar.
- Providing administrative and accounting support, e.g. completing expense reports.
- Leveraging information.
- Ensuring the donor database is up-to-date with notes from meetings and other communications.
- Helping the Development and Operations Coordinator process gifts and acknowledge donors.
- Managing projects that may involve convening groups of staff, consultants, and others; collecting and analyzing data; carrying out research; and presenting data.
- Representing GFI to the public.
- Drafting and editing letters, presentations, and general informational materials.
- Manage all general inquiries to the Development department.
Who We’re Looking For
The Development Assistant must have:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in a related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A high degree of organization and efficiency.
- The ability to work well independently and under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- A friendly, positive, customer service-oriented personality.
- Support for GFI’s philosophy and ability to advocate professionally for GFI’s positions
Experience in a nonprofit or customer service position and a degree in a related field (public relations, nonprofit management, or communications) are preferred but not required.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment both during the application process and after you join the team.
The Fine Print
- Terms of employment: Full time, at will, non-exempt
- Reports to: Director of Development
- Location: Remote
- Benefits: Working from home (we can also work with you on co-working space options, if you prefer), full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, flexible holiday and vacation plans, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
Application Deadline: Monday, August 13
Please complete the form below to apply for this position.