GFI Campus Fellow
Gain expertise and grow your network in the plant-based and clean meat space
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is on the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of billions of animals annually. GFI Campus Fellows will have a critical role in ensuring that a good food future happens as quickly and efficiently as possible. As a Campus Fellow, you will take on a dynamic leadership opportunity shaping discourse around the future of protein at your university and establish an in-depth network with leading entrepreneurs in the plant-based and clean meat, egg, and dairy industries.
How You Will Make a Difference
As a GFI Campus Fellow, your primary goal is to increase the number of students at your university that pursue entrepreneurship in plant-based and cellular agriculture alternatives to factory-farmed foods. To do this, you will build institutional support, identify allies, and plan events. Specific activities will include:
- Networking with campus groups and coordinating to host GFI on campus for speaking events.
- Working with industry contacts - including founders and CEOs at various plant-based and clean meat companies - to put on a panel event on campus.
- Working with professors to host GFI for guest lectures.
- Coordinating and attending meetings with key university contacts such as the heads of social entrepreneurship, innovation, sustainability, etc.
- Creating a publicity strategy for GFI events: working with the campus newspaper, campus organizations, and key stakeholders.
Who We’re Looking For
We are seeking smart, thoughtful, and creative self-starters who want to push back against climate change, transform industrial animal agriculture, and develop healthy and humane foods that are accessible to everyone. GFI Campus Fellows enjoy high levels of autonomy and must be self-motivated and work well both independently and in concert with a larger group.
We are considering students currently enrolled in MBA programs. GFI Campus Fellows must also have:
- Strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional networking and communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
Enjoy the opportunity to get paid to network in the future of protein space, build your personal brand as an expert in the space, and learn about business opportunities in the space. Some benefits include:
- Receiving a $750 stipend per semester.
- Working remotely with flexible hours.
- Participating in the GFI Fellows’ monthly calls. These calls are exclusively for GFI Fellows and feature CEOs of companies in the space, interested VCs, and select GFI staff as special guests. This is a special opportunity to meet and talk with key players in this emerging industry.
Time Commitment: ~50 hours/semester, 3.5 hours/week.
Application Deadline: Rolling Deadline
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the Good Food Institute does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran. GFI complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the organization operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please complete the form below to apply for this position.